8.8.12

Day 1 No Laptop Aug 7/2012

Day 1
So today my case came with the keyboard.  It goes without saying that this keyboard is a little smaller than what I am used to.  So if I can get used to the smaller size, I think I can make this work.  Yes, I am currently writing this blog on my android using an office package.  Fact is, i am quazy sitting in comfort on the subway.   Although I am making errors, its nothing that I cant fix later and I think I can make this work.
My main challenges at this point are having yet another device to charge (the keyboard) and the idiosyncrasies with using a bluetooth keyboard.   I have found myself having to re-pair the device a couple times today.  But I admit that may be user error.  DOH
The first issue I had was, by default, the Nexus 7 home screen is only in portrait.  But I am not a fan of stock home screens anyway.  So I have already replaced it with Go Launcher which allows either mode and is more feature rich anyway plus it has pretty animations, and hell, I'll admit, I like the pretty stuff.  There I said it!
So the rules I have set out for myself in the next week:

  • No using my laptop...  with a few exceptions.  Sometimes I need cpu power for software such as Ableton Live.  Also I use a tool for work called OmniGraffle.  I will use my laptop for those.
  • I will remain using my workstation at the office as I cannot sacrifice workplace productivity for a personal experiment.

I think that is about it.  So this has been day 1, and I have written this entry, a few personal emails and that's about it.   I use my laptop more on the weekends, so by then,  i hope to be all set and comfy.
Until tomorrow friends.

Please tell your friends about this, and tweeeeeeeeet  :)   I would love to get a discussion going around this little experiment of mine.
Cheers!!!

PS   I posted this article the following morning on the bus on my way into work.  See picture below.   On to day 2! 

No comments: