18.8.12

Only Android Day 1

OK, let the experiment begin!!!

Nexus7 issues all solved and my only expected hindrance is that of my small keyboard and my stubby fingers.  So writing these entries may be of use in that I am beginning to use the small keys more. 

So, today I am starting.  I will refrain from using a desktop or a laptop with the following exceptions...  come on people, I am a geek and will require some hefty cpu power at times....
   - when i need cpu power for things such aa
         -music composition and audio processing
   - creating complex diagrams for external clients
   - Day job, I will continue to use my linux station, however my sidekick will no longer be my MBP, but rather this Nexus and its Keyboard.

I will also allow myself to use my Galaxty  Note.  After all, the point of this experiment is to see if one can use an Android device as a primary computer.  So today, I have been watching a movie using the StickIt application, allowing me to have a movie in a moveable window.  I downloaded a file off my web site, and edited it in OfficeSuite.  I have to say that OfficeSuite was a disappointment of a paid app.  For $15, it seemed  like a good deal, however, they fail to mention that the extended fonts are another $6 and then you need to download a third party dictionary, which costs more money.
 
I was then able to download an FTP client and re-upload it to my site :)   So far so so good.    I was also doing normal internet research using Chrome and Google Maps.

This blog was also written, uploaded, and published on the Nexus 7 using OfficeSuite, and the Blogger Apps.

Cheers!!!
//Ian\\

PS, Bullets did not cut and paste into the Blogger App, and the Blogger app does not have bullets.  First known limitation.   :)

No comments: