9.8.12

Experiment on Hold :( Bad Device.

Sadly friends, I will have to suspend this little experiment of mine until I can get my Nexus 7 replaced.  Mine no longer wants to accept a charge.  Constant plug-in (12 hrs), still shows battery decline.  My nexus has about 16% battery left on it and I needed that to backup my data before she dies.  Also time to perform a factory reset to see if that solves the issue.   So far, its been about 10 min after a factory reset and the battery is still showing decline.

I have tried its charger, USB Port on my PC, USB on my Macbook, Various AC chargers (Samsung Galaxy Tab Charger, Nexus S charger, various cables and nothing seems to give my new love the go juice it so needs. 

So sadly, I will have to return it and wait for a replacement.  Since the place where I bought it is again out of stock, I am sure I will have to wait a few days.

I have scoured the forums looking for reasons for this issue and I have tried them all.  So if anyone has any other suggestions...   (and the nay sayers, hold your comments about iOS devices.  It will never happen!) please do let me know.

Sadly signing off this experiment until I can get a new device.  But rest assured friends, I will restart the experiment in all its glory as soon as I have a replacement Nexus.

Stay Geeky.
//Ian\\

{PS: 
As an aside, if you have tried the factory reset and cant get into the Recovery mode and are stuck at the Google screen, make sure your device is plugged into a PC.  Then it will start recovery mode for you.  Not sure why this is...  Maybe to assure it has power to perform the operations?}


No comments: